A list of the top ten locations for destinations for marrying abroad
MarryAbroad is the go-to site for destination weddings. We recently spoke with the company to find out exactly who fits the destination wedding profile and which locations are the best for destination weddings. Here’s what we found out.
Looking firstly at destinations, MarryAbroad found Greece claimed the top spot, as most-searched country in which to wed, followed closely by Spain and then Italy.
MarryAbroad’s Top 10 Countries for weddings abroad
Who gets married abroad?
Marryabroad also analysed their customer base and discovered that typically:
- 10%of site visitors are aged between 18 and 24 years old
- 45%of site visitors are aged between 25 and 34 years old
- 19%of site visitors are aged between 35 and 44 years old
- 12% of site visitors are aged between 45 and 54 years old
- 10% of site visitors are aged between 55 and 64 years old
- 4% of site visitors are aged over 65
In terms of male to female ratio, MarryAbroad found its site visitors were split by 66.5% women, to 33.5% men. Also 52% of visitors have no children, 45% are graduates and 12% have a master’s degree.
In terms of earnings…
- 46% of site visitors earn between £0-30, 000 per year
- 31% of site visitors earn between £30, 000- £50, 000 per year
- 11% of site visitors earn between £50, 000- £70, 000 per year
- 12% of site visitors earn between £70, 000+ per year
In terms of planning an overseas wedding, 50% view the MarryAbroad site from desktop, 31% from their mobiles and 19% from a tablet.
Site Founder, Charlotte Hand states: “We weren't surprised to see our top 10 countries in 2015 being primarily European, as they're the easiest countries to get to from the UK, and are excellent for a weekend wedding, although Florida and Canada appearing in the list do show that our visitors are also interested in getting married further afield.