Chris Giles of Chris Giles Photography gives his top tips for picture perfect wedding poses.
There are some wedding photographers who learn the art of taking a great photo, others who mimic the work of the greats. And then there are some whose photographic genius is built into them through passion, creativity, and a desire to capture the moments that last a lifetime. Amongst them is photographer Chris Giles, whose ability to blend photographic styles has made him the go-to guy for those who want picture perfect moments.
Chris aims to translate the emotions and connection between bride and groom on their special day into tangible wedding pictures that truly express their love. With a range of wedding packages to suit all brides and groom as well as a true understanding of romance, Chris has long established himself as a photographer who can keep the memories of your special day alive.
Keep scrolling to read Chris' top posing ideas for your wedding pictures.
Read more: CheesySmiles Wedding Photo Booth
1. ‘Find your background’ - Sometimes you’ll find the simplest places are the most beautiful and set a lovely, colourful scene for photos.
2. ‘Move on up’ – The diagonal lines of stairs can add drama and intent to your wedding photos. Especially if there are more colourful aspects to the background there.
3. ‘Get lost in the long grass’ – Country venues always have somewhere with long grass, even if you have to go looking for it. This setting gives a sense of closeness that’s hard to beat.
4. ‘Hold on to something’ – Holding onto something nearby can add to the framing and increase the points of interest in an otherwise open space.
5. ‘We’re so small’ – Be it the stars in the sky, a large landscape or a big open space you can add lots of drama by only taking up a small part of the picture.
5. ‘Lost in the woods’ – Let the scenery wrap itself around you which gives you a sense of being enclosed. This allows you to have primary focus.
6. ‘How high can you lift me?’ – Whoever has the most muscles does the lifting. Aim for as high a lift as you can!
If you want to book Chris or find out more about his wedding packages visit chrisgilesphotography.com
Read more: 10 Must Have Wedding Snap Shots